2018 Food Photography Workshop Series
Do you have a DSLR and crave practice? Good! Do you love food? Even better!
This six-workshop series is designed to give you a hands-on experience with the ability to ask questions and work through problems as they arise. Every workshop is structured in a similar fashion but the core focus will change each month. This allows you to attend one, three, or all six. Every workshop will cover basic photography principles, styling, and composition through three hours of hands-on, partner practice.
These workshops are for beginner and intermediate photographers looking to improve their skills and learn about food photography. They are geared towards social media managers, bloggers, instagrammers, and content creators in the restaurant, brand, farm, or beverage industry. However, if you just want more photography practice and enjoy food- you're welcome too! Workshops are limited to 8 people to ensure one-on-one instruction and guidance.
- Before April 7th: Use the discount code 'GHSLAUNCH' to receive $50 off the $200 for each workshop (+ Eventbrite fee). Or if you want to sign up for all six, email me for a rate of $900.
- After April 7th: $200/workshop (+ Eventbrite fee). Or if you want to sign up for all six, email me for a rate of $1000.
- 8:00am to 8:15: Introductions
- 8:15 to 9:00: Instruction + Live Demonstration
- 8:45 to 9:00: Break into partners
- 9:00 to 12:15: Hands-on Experience: and rotate through different stations
- 12:15 to 1:00pm: Reconvene, talk through learning experiences, Editing Questions, review images
Located in East Sacramento, Grove Haus is an intimate setting for workshops with natural light galore, props, backgrounds, and everything you would need for learning about food photography. The space has natural light from three directions, creating an ability to explore light and photography in different settings. Please note: the studio is on the second floor with no elevator. If you're unable to climb stairs, please email me before signing up. I'll do my best to work with you so can have the same experience.
Erin Alderson is a food photographer located in Sacramento. She's been behind the camera for over a decade with experience ranging from blogs, cookbooks, magazines, and social content. Her background in education, love of food, and photography knowledge come together in these workshops to give you the best experience possible.